Our search for a puppy has finally ended. Any misgivings we had about getting a boxer were put to rest when we saw these wonderful dogs up close and personal! They’re big and a little intimidating to look at, but looks are truly deceptive….they’re ever so friendly.
We spoke to quite a few ‘breeders’ (supposedly), who turned out to be nothing more than agents or ‘fixers’ in Mumbai. All they asked is, ‘What breed? What color? Male or female?’ Once we had answered their questions, they named their price (exorbitant), and told us that it would be on our doorstep the following day. Mail-order puppies, we were clear were not our cup of tea. We wanted a puppy the old-fashioned way – ‘meet’ the mother and take a look at the puppies and choose the one we liked.
Fortunately, a Google search, led us to contact Kamal, a dog breeder in Hyderabad. We were impressed with Kamal and our experience for the following reasons:
- Kamal and his family are truly dog lovers.
- He wanted us to visit the puppies. Perhaps, also to check us out 😉
- He was clear that he would not undertake a mail-order.
- We got to ‘meet the parents’ – Suzy and Rana.
- We got to pick out a puppy that suited us.
- He refused to part with the pup until it has been weaned and is feeding independently.
So here’s how we got to meet three wonderful adult boxers – Suzy, Rana and Scooby; one very naughty 3 month old boxer – Boozo; and of course, eight little bundles of joy…….. of which, one is our very own Pablo!
If interested in puppies, call Kamal at +91 9885117581 or mail him at email@example.com
Also read my post – Man’s Best Teacher?