Did you know this?
5+ hours of sedentary sitting is the health equivalent of smoking a pack and a quarter of cigarettes. – Dr. David Agus
Swollen feet, weight gain, feeling sluggish – just a few of the side effects of sitting around that I feel. Yes, I my work is sedentary, but if I’m smart, I’ll find a way to make sure that I’m healthy and productive, right? No, I continue to sit and these last few days suffer from a pretty bad back ache!
I’m sharing this video and inforgraphics with you as a reminder to myself to stand more!
I’m saying this to myself and to you, dear reader:
Stand because sitting will kill you!
Some simple ideas:
- Take a walk to the water cooler – that way you hydrate yourself and move too.
- Wander around the office, your home every 45 minutes at least. Good for your mind too and might actually improve your creativity.
- Take the stairs more often
A little harder but still doable:
- Get yourself a height adjustable standing desk.
You’ll find more ideas here:
I really must wisen up!
[Tweet “5+ hours of sedentary sitting is the health equivalent of smoking a pack and a quarter of cigarettes.”]
It is time for #MondayMusings and all you have to do is:
- Write a post sharing your thoughts on a subject of your choice. Make it as personal as possible.
- Use the hashtag #MondayMusings and link to Write Tribe.
- Add your link to the linky which you will find either here or on Everyday Gyaan or on the post of a co-host.
- Use our #MondayMusings badge to help other bloggers join in too.
Every Monday, another blogger will be co-hosting with me. If you’d like to be that blogger, let me know either in the comments or by using the contact form. I’ll let you know the date and provide you with the code.