“Dear old world’, she murmured, ‘you are very lovely, and I am glad to be alive in you.”
― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
I turned 52 last Monday.
It was my saddest birthday as I struggled with a personal crisis. I kept breaking into tears all day long.
But there is always something to be grateful for. Yes, there is.
Through the tears, I gave thanks for the blessing of being alive.
I was grateful for the dear old world I live in
Even though there are so many times I worry about where we’re all headed,
I know there’s so much to be grateful for
So much natural beauty to enjoy
So much kindness and humanity to appreciate
There’s creativity, there are words,
There are books
Most of all there’s love
And I continue to experience so much of it.
Dear old world,
I truly am glad to be alive in you.
The more alert we become to the blessing that flows into us through everything we touch, the more our own touch will bring blessing.
– David Steindl-Rast
Would you like to take part in #MondayMusings?
Here’s how it works:
- Write a post sharing your thoughts with us – happy, sad, philosophical, ‘silly’ even. Make it as personal as possible.
- Use the hashtag #MondayMusings.
- Add your link to the linky below
- Use our #MondayMusings badge to encourage other bloggers join in too.
- Visit and comment on the posts of other bloggers linked here.
- Share the love.