For the last few years, I’ve been choosing a word for the year ahead – my word of the year. Last year, my word was ‘simplify‘. The year before, it was the phrase ‘daring greatly‘. I’ve been thinking on my word for next year and I’ve decided that I’m going to be happy in 2017.
Happy in 2017
What does the word happy mean to me? I’m listing it all out as thoughts occur to me – there will be a lot more as the year progresses.
- Learning to accept myself more
- Putting less pressure on myself
- Enjoying the simple pleasures of daily life
- Laughing a lot
- Being grateful in all circumstances
- Loving others as they need to be loved
- Taking responsibility for my words and actions
- Forgiving others
- Being genuine and authentic in all my relationships
- Working with joy
- Listening to a lot more music
- Reading less, and conversing more
- Making meaningful connections online
- Being a motivating presence to others
- Taking more photographs
- Being more creative
- Trying out new ideas
- Walking more
- Being healthy
- Singing loudly
- Resigning from being general manager of the Universe. The paragraph below tells you what I mean by that. 😉
As Aunt Naomi was listing all the things she was going to do to help this person, her friend stopped her in mid-sentence. “Naomi, girl,” she said, “you need to resign as general manager of the universe. You need to learn that sometimes the best way to help a person is to let them help themselves. Otherwise, they never learn how. And they are always going to make their problems your problems.” –Patti LaBelle
My Happiness Project
What’s your word for 2017?
If you are new to Friday Reflections, here’s what it’s about. It’s the end of the week, you’re probably exhausted with work, and all you want to do is sit back, put your feet up, sip on some fancy cocktail or wine, and write away. Sanch of Living My Imperfect Life and Everyday Gyaan give you writing prompts and all you have to do is choose any one of those prompts to blog about and link up between Friday and Monday. After you link up, be sure to spread the love by visiting other bloggers who have linked up too.
Feel free to add our Friday Reflections badge to your post or sidebar! Follow us on Twitter @FridayReflect and join our Facebook Group. Share your post on social media with the hashtag #FridayReflections.
Prompts for this week:
1. Write about the month you were happiest in 2016
2. Reflect on 2016, the year gone by
3. Write on any of the prompts from December
4. “Realize that if a door closed, it’s because what was behind it wasn’t meant for you” – Mandy Hale. Use this in your post or an inspiration for one.
5. What is your Word of the Year for 2017? You’re welcome to link your post here and also on Laurel Regan’s blog.
Our featured writer for last week as voted by you, was Linda for her beautiful post on Christmas Contrasts. You can be our featured writer for next week. All you have to do is write a post on one of the prompts, share and link up. And don’t forget, you can now vote for your favourite post of the week from Monday.
Image credit : 2017 happy new year with word faith, hope, love on the river stone via Shutterstock