I know that you’re aware that I’m cracked. But a cracked cup?
There are times when I feel uninspired, and unsure of what I am doing. I have plans but don’t follow through.
There are times when I think back on my past mistakes and feel a bit low, but I’m learning to be better at that.
And then I read something like this:
If I wait until
all the flaws, chips,
and cracks disappear
I will be the cup
that stands on the shelf
and is never used
~ Joyce Rupp
I Am A Cracked Cup
Then I know that I certainly don’t want to be that unused cup. I realize that I must share my experiences. I must be authentic.
I must give of myself now, and not wait for that time when I am ‘perfect’ – for then my time may never come.
So I continue to be the cracked cup and find joy that I can continue to receive the many blessings I do.
And also, to some extent, share of my contents.
Do you too, at times, feel inadequate to do what you are ‘called’ to do?
Would you like to take part in #MondayMusings?
Here’s how it works:
- Write a post sharing your thoughts with us – happy, sad, philosophical, ‘silly’ even. Make it as personal as possible.
- Use the hashtag #MondayMusings.
- Add your link to the linky below
- Use our #MondayMusings badge to encourage other bloggers join in too.
- Visit and comment on the posts of other bloggers linked here.
- Share the love.
Image of cracked cup via Shutterstock