There are times when I either get caught up with worrying about the future or having regrets about the past. In recent years, such times have greatly reduced. This is mainly because I’ve learned to focus on enjoying the present moment – the now.
There’s a simple exercise I do when I start to revert to worry-mode and I’d like to share it with you.
Here’s what I do:
- Stop whatever I’m doing and relax for a moment.
- Experience the quiet calm of the moment.
- Let go of the worries about the future and the regrets about the past.
- Focus my awareness on the ‘now’.
- Realize this is exactly where I am supposed to be ‘now’
- Give thanks for the moment.
It only takes a minute to do, but the results are instant. I notice that I immediately I become aware of the sounds around me. I become aware of my body. My breathing slows down and I feel much lighter. Most of all, I’m flooded with gratitude for all I am and have.
Try it out, if you don’t already, and let me know how it works for you. I you have other ways of enjoying the ‘now’ I’d love to hear about them.
May you be inspired – every day!