Sometimes I feel that there is an over emphasis on perfection. Everywhere you look, Instagram or Facebook, television shows, movies, or magazine covers – every thing seems so beautiful. Unconsciously, we all try to show on social media, the most fashionable clothes, the most photogenic meal, the ultimate vacation. We all talk about our weight, our bucket lists, our fantasy car, or the ‘perfect partner’. Perfection is good as a marketing concept, but doesn’t really help us find happiness or contentment with what we have. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not against having long-term goals or lofty dreams. I’m talking about how being grateful for the small joys helps with keeping us content from day-to-day. The small joys are what keep us hopeful and remind us that life is good.
Many people lose the small joys in the hope for the big happiness – Pearl S Buck
When I look back on this week, I’m grateful for the small joys:
- Being able to write regularly on here – Mondays, Thursdays and Fridays.
- Supportive online friends
- Walking my dogs – it helps me chill and focus on what’s important. Love watching the birds, the butterflies and if I’m lucky, the peacocks.
- Going back to work regularly after a few crazy months and enjoying both the work and the conversations
- Online shopping – that includes my Amazon Prime membership that gives me access to some good movies, which I watch now and then.
- Having successfully completed reading another 100 plus books that I challenged myself to do this year. I met my target well before December and still have some great reads to go through.
What are you grateful for today?
In this moment, there is plenty of time. In this moment, you are precisely as you should be. In this moment, there is infinite possibility.” ~Victoria Moran #themindfulbreak #mindfulwalking #mindfulness #nature_brilliance #naturelover #inspiring #wordsofwisdom #thatauthenthicfeeling #livethelittlethings #livingfearlesslyauthentic #everydaygratitude
What are you grateful for this week?
Join me and other bloggers every Thursday for the #everydaygratitude link up – to share all you are grateful for from the past week.