We have thousands of opportunities every day to be grateful: for having good weather, to have slept well last night, to be able to get up, to be healthy, to have enough to eat…There’s opportunity upon opportunity to be grateful; that’s what life is.
– Br David Steindl-Rast
I have so much to be thankful for, that I almost don’t know where to start!
Opportunities To Be Grateful
I find opportunities to be grateful in day to day things and try not to take anything for granted. It’s not always easy. Sometimes, I’ll catch myself mid-grumble and give thanks.
I’m grateful for/that
- my significant other and the fact that despite our minor disagreements we’re on the same page on all larger issues.
- besides the usual aches and pains of growing old, we’re in relatively good health.
- both of us are blessed to be doing the work we love
- the space we give each other (most of the time!)
- the support and concern he extends to me time and again
- all the comforts we enjoy
- our two sweet dogs
- like-minded people whose company we enjoy
- a lovely group of bloggers who allow me to be myself
- we are in a position to reach out to others and make a difference
The list goes on.
I’m grateful for you, dear reader, for your support!
You are invited to join the Friday Reflections linkup hosted by Shalini Nair of Kohl Eyed Me and me every Friday to share a good cup of tea and your reflections.
Here’s how #FridayReflections works :
- Every 1st and 3rd Friday (and a 5th Friday, if there’s one) you are invited to write a post based on the prompts provided. On the 2nd and 4th Friday join in with your reflections.
- Use the hashtag #FridayReflections. Please follow Friday Reflections on Twitter @FridayReflect and join our Facebook Group.
- Add your link to the linky below.
- Use the #FridayReflections badge to encourage other bloggers to join in too.
Today is a free write day. You can find our older prompts here.
Visit and comment on the posts of other bloggers linked here.