I’m linking into Laurel Regan’s Today’s Gratitude List Linkup No.39. I love the way Laurel faithfully focuses on gratitude – a subject close to my heart as well. You might recall that Laurel wrote a post here too as part of my Living Gratitude series last year – 5 Ways To Cultivate A Spirit of Gratitude.
There’s a lovely tag doing the rounds on Facebook and I was delighted to be tagged by Vidya Sury. Here’s what it said – For 5 days, you post 3 positive things that happened to you or you are grateful for that day. At the end of each day, tag/nominate 3 people to take part in the challenge.
I’ve decided to share my posts from Facebook here as my gratitude list.
1. For my family who has been such a blessing over the years. Without them we couldn’t have managed our recent move to Hyderabad – we’re literally living off their generosity!
2. For the beautiful weather – cool breeze blowing all day long and I love the sound of the chimes as the wind blows through them.
3. All the people who help make our life so much easier by their service – household/security/laundry/stores, etc.
1. I’m grateful that despite a crazy power situation – we’re managing to survive for two days on 1 phase – takes some getting used to – but we do have power.
2. For health and strength and the opportunity to get more physically active (even if I don’t take it all the time!)
3. For books, wonderful books – so many great ones read and so many more waiting for me.
1. Today I remember with thanks good friends and happy times from a long time ago – when we had fun while making a difference.
2. For good neighbours who are willing to make are willing to go out of their way to make life easier, I’m grateful.
3. So blessed to be able to sit at home and do the work I love.
1. I am glad I was able to go for a Mass where the children’s choir sang delightfully and was able to meet old friends after the service.
2. For good food – especially all the Andhra pickles I am enjoying!
3. For our garden that’s beginning to take shape – starting small but what a pleasure!
1. I’m grateful for all I’ve learned through the years from relationships – both good and not so pleasant. Every one comes into our life for a purpose – and I’m grateful for all those who have touched my life.
2. For openness to learning – for that is a gift.
3. For the ability to be open to change – and I have made several through the years and the grace to have landed on my feet despite my many mistakes.
When you arise in the morning, give thanks for the morning light, for your life and strength. Give thanks for your food, and the joy of living. If you see no reason for giving thanks, the fault lies with yourself.
~ Tecumseh, Shawnee Chief
Have you been taking part in the challenge on Facebook? Do you have a gratitude list that you keep updating?
‘); // ]]>