Soup-Love: Bottle Gourd and Corn Soup
- Peel the bottle gourd, onion and garlic
- Cut the bottle gourd and onion in large cubes
- Put the gourd, onion, garlic and corn kernels in to a pressure cooker (or a crockpot)
- Add one cup of water
- Pressure cook for 5 minutes (if using a crockpot, cook until the corn kernels are soft).
- Once cooled, take out the pieces of gourd, onion and garlic and some of the corn and liquidize them.
- Add this liquid to the boiled corn
- Add the remaining water, salt and pepper and bring to a boil.
- If you don’t add corn you can put in some oregano or fresh parsley instead.
Try it out and let me know how it turns out.