You taught me to be nice, so nice that now I am so full of niceness, I have no sense of right and wrong, no outrage, no passion.~ Garrison Keillor
Being too nice is not nice
You might ask, isn’t ‘niceness’ a good quality in a relationship? Well, it is, if you don’t end up suppressing your needs, your opinions, not stating your preferences and generally being a wimp.
“You can’t live your life for other people. You’ve got to do what’s right for you, even if it hurts some people you love.”- Nicholas Sparks, The Notebook
Friday Reflections is a link up hosted by Shalini at KohlEyed Me and me, Corinne at Everyday Gyaan. We invite you to join us every Friday to share a good cup of tea and your reflections based on the prompts we provide.
Here’s how #FridayReflections works:
- Write a post using one of the prompts for the week provided below.
- Use the hashtag #FridayReflections. Please follow us on Twitter @FridayReflect and join our Facebook Group.
- Add your link to the linky below.
- Use our #FridayReflections badge to encourage other bloggers to join in too.
- Visit and comment on the posts of other bloggers linked here.
Prompts for 6 July 2018 are:
1. Ten things that make you feel happy all the time.
2. “You can’t live your life for other people. You’ve got to do what’s right for you, even if it hurts some people you love.”- Nicholas Sparks, The Notebook
3. Picture Credit: Shalini R Nair