Disconnected That’s what I feel Some days. Disconnected That’s what I want to be Sometimes. Away from the madness Away from the stress Steering clear of issues Keeping away from people Hiding out in my ivory castle. Disconnected That’s what I need to be To keep my feelings intact And my heart from being broken Time and again. But being disconnected Is not how I’m meant to be It’s not what I was made for. Not what will let me be Authentic and alive Feeling and hurting But most of all loving.
“Connection is why we’re here; it is what gives purpose and meaning to our lives. The power that connection holds in our lives was confirmed when the main concern about connection emerged as the fear of disconnection; the fear that something we have done or failed to do, something about who we are or where we come from, has made us unlovable and unworthy of connection.” — Brené Brown
#FridayReflectionsFriday Reflections is a link up hosted by Shalini at KohlEyed Me and me, Corinne at Everyday Gyaan. We invite you to join us every Friday to share a good cup of tea and your reflections.
Here’s how #FridayReflections works (updated this week):
- Every 1st and 3rd Friday (and a 5th Friday, if there’s one) we invite you to write a post based on the prompts we provide. On the 2nd and 4th Friday join us with your reflections.
- Use the hashtag #FridayReflections. Please follow us on Twitter @FridayReflect and join our Facebook Group.
- Add your link to the linky below.
- Use our #FridayReflections badge to encourage other bloggers to join in too.
- Visit and comment on the posts of other bloggers linked here.
Image Credits: Shutterstock