The trouble with life isn’t that there is no answer, it’s that there are so many answers.~ Ruth Benedict
Talking to a young man today about his life and plans, I tried to give an example from a recent choice I made. And he said, “But you’ve experienced so much that you are very clear what you want in life. Me, I’m still wondering.” Unfortunately we were distracted and I couldn’t tell him that he was not really right!
In all honesty, I can say that at 52, I’m still figuring out many things about life. Still working on myself. Still groping in the dark sometimes. Still fumbling around.
So Many Answers
Because like Ruth Benedict says, there are so many answers. So many possibilities. So much I can do with my life. Many ways I can make a difference like I want to. But what’s the right thing for me to do? It’s often hard to decide. And I’m the kind of person who likes to plunge into things. Give them my all. And sometimes these decisions can come to haunt me.
Recent events have made me doubt my ability to make choices that are ‘safe’ for me. I have ended up getting hurt more than once, having given my all to a cause and find that I’ve allowed myself to be taken for a ride.
What I am very clear about is that I want to live authentically and be honest in my relationships with my significant others. I’m also clear that I will walk away from unscrupulous people without batting an eyelid. I will also stand up against injustice and speak out for victims of it.
Given my nature, I’m going to get up, start over and then risk again. The answers I’m looking for will come as I seek them within myself, following my heart and aligning my dreams to the needs of the world.
What about you? How do you find answers?
Friday Reflections is a link up hosted by Shalini at KohlEyed Me and me, Corinne at Everyday Gyaan. We invite you to join us every Friday to share a good cup of tea and your reflections based on the prompts we provide. S
Here’s how #FridayReflections works:
- Write a post using one of the prompts for the week provided below.
- Use the hashtag #FridayReflections. Please follow us on Twitter @FridayReflect and join our Facebook Group.
- Add your link to the linky below.
- Use our #FridayReflections badge to encourage other bloggers to join in too.
- Visit and comment on the posts of other bloggers linked here.
Prompts for 4th May 2018
- Write an epic love story, fiction or nonfiction.
- The trouble with life isn’t that there is no answer, it’s that there are so many answers.~ Ruth Benedict
- Picture Prompt : (PC: Shalini R Nair)