There may be a 101 reasons why you don’t feel like smiling, but for every one of those reasons, I’m sure you’ll probably also find a reason to smile – if you look carefully.
A recent newsletter I received from Cheryl Richardson read:
This week, become aware of the little things that make you smile. As you notice them, pay attention to how they make you feel. If they feel good, really good, attach value to them immediately. Tell yourself, “This is the kind of experience that matters. I want more of this in my life.”
So I start to notice and pay attention to the little things that make me smile. And I realize that my list of things that make me smile grows – if only I let it. Today my list reads:
- Pablo giving me an early morning nuzzle to let me know he’s awake.
- An early morning cuddle from my husband.
- My first cup of coffee in the morning.
- A little quiet time at the start of the morning to write/ read.
- A warm shower.
- The scent of my soap, shampoo, talc and cream.
- Making a salad that I know we both will enjoy.
- A crazy online conversation with my friends.
- Watching a video of the twin baby boys of my blogging pal.
- Looking at pictures of the same (as above) precious babies.
This list is only from today and it’s certainly not complete.
There’s lots more where that came from – thousands of other moments that I haven’t listed here. Isn’t that reason to smile?
What are the things that made you smile today?
This is Week #66 of the Thursday BlogHop over at The Writer’s Post. I’m so glad to be hosting it. Please write a post on the prompt ‘The Little Things That Make Me Smile’ and add the URL of the post to the Linky.