In the last 6 months three of us in the Write Tribe group have lost our Moms. Yesterday, our neighbour passed away – almost in front of our eyes, in a tragic and shocking way. Yes, he was 75 years old, but that doesn’t make it any less shocking. On 26th January, I got news of a lovely girl – someone who I hardly spent even a day with – but who I connected with a lot – dying of a heart attack. Both deaths called me to reflect and wonder if we are afraid to die or afraid to live:
Every man dies. Not every man really lives. William Wallace
Of my friend, S, I can safely say that she was not afraid to live – she lived life to the fullest, loved deeply and laughed a lot. When I read these words yesterday, I knew they were about her.
“She was a beautiful dreamer. The kind of girl, who kept her head in the clouds, loved above the stars and left regret beneath the earth she walked on.” ― Robert M. Drake
One friend of S’s messaged me informing me of her passing and saying that she had heard from S about my blog. S herself was a trained journalist and her writing was beautiful. To know that she spoke warmly about me and shared about my blog, made me want to reach across the stars and thank her not just for this, but for being a great example of living life large!
I know I’m being reminded, pushed and prodded to do something – to shed my inhibitions, to live life fully, to follow my heart a lot more, to live with passion. Hey Mr Universe, I am listening. I truly am.
Friday Reflections is a link up hosted by Shalini at KohlEyed Me and me, Corinne at Everyday Gyaan. We invite you to join us every Friday to share a good cup of tea and your reflections based on the prompts we provide.
Here’s how #FridayReflections works:
- Write a post using one of the prompts for the week provided below.
- Use the hashtag #FridayReflections. Please follow us on Twitter @FridayReflect and join our Facebook Group.
- Add your link to the linky below.
- Use our #FridayReflections badge to encourage other bloggers to join in too.
- Visit and comment on the posts of other bloggers linked here.
Prompts for Friday 2 Feb 2018
1. Something significant that has happened to you in the last week/ month
2. “Just when I think I have learned the way to live, life changes” – Hugh Prather
3. Picture prompt (image via Corinne Rodrigues)