I find myself writing more and more reflections – words and sentences strung together. These pieces are not poetry and I will never claim that they are. However, I find that writing this way allows me to be authentic and it seems to resonate with others. Happiness Sneaks In is another such reflection inspired by one of today’s prompts.
Happiness Sneaks In
I thought I was secure
In my own little world
Safe within my comfort zone
Not taking chances
With my vulnerable heart..
Then I decided
To let your friend, Gratitude
Take a seat at my table.
I found him in the everyday
Remembered him in the good moments
And sought him in lowest ones.
And then, as always
You found a way
To save me from a
Life devoid of passion
And let yourself in.
My dear friend, Happiness.
Where were you when I sought you
When I ran after you
Crying your name,
Ready to pay any price
To have you?
I found you in the caring love
Of the man who speaks love through action
In the loving eyes of a significant other
In the boisterous love of two dogs
And in the hundred reminders of you
I find in Nature.
I realize now
That you were hiding
Within the crevices of my heart
Waiting for me to let go
Then you sneaked in.
Stay, my friend
And help me be
A bringer of Happiness
To someone else.
Friday Reflections is a link up hosted by Shalini at KohlEyed Me and me, Corinne at Everyday Gyaan. We invite you to join us every Friday to share a good cup of tea and your reflections based on the prompts we provide.
Here’s how #FridayReflections works:
- Write a post using one of the prompts for the week provided below.
- Use the hashtag #FridayReflections. Please follow us on Twitter @FridayReflect and join our Facebook Group.
- Add your link to the linky below.
- Use our #FridayReflections badge to encourage other bloggers to join in too.
- Visit and comment on the posts of other bloggers linked here.
Prompts for 2 March 2018
- Describe a typical day in your life, including the innermost thoughts that run through your mind as you go through it.
- Happiness sneaks in through a door you didn’t know you left open.~ John Barrymore
- Picture prompt (Shalini R Nair)