Soups have always been something I enjoyed cooking and now they are an integral part of my diet. I’m going to be regularly sharing with you my own creations that are healthy and easy to make too. As you must know adding a soup to your lunch and dinner will help you cut down on meal portions.
This one is a nice combination of bottle gourd (click on the link for other names) and corn.
Soup-Love: Bottle Gourd and Corn Soup
1 medium sized bottle gourd
1 cup of fresh corn kernels (optional)
4 cloves of garlic (less or more according to taste)
1 small onion
Salt and pepper according to taste
3 cups of water
- Peel the bottle gourd, onion and garlic
- Cut the bottle gourd and onion in large cubes
- Put the gourd, onion, garlic and corn kernels in to a pressure cooker (or a crockpot)
- Add one cup of water
- Pressure cook for 5 minutes (if using a crockpot, cook until the corn kernels are soft).
- Once cooled, take out the pieces of gourd, onion and garlic and some of the corn and liquidize them.
- Add this liquid to the boiled corn
- Add the remaining water, salt and pepper and bring to a boil.
- If you don’t add corn you can put in some oregano or fresh parsley instead.
Try it out and let me know how it turns out.