The Beginner’s Mind
I’ve been applying the ‘beginner’s mind’ to my blogging this last week and loving it. The beginner’s mind is look at everything as if you are just starting out. We move from ‘I know it all’ to ‘I know nothing. Let me start finding out.’ When we temporarily put aside what we know, and apply the beginner’s mind, we find new ways of doing things.
In the beginner’s mind there are many possibilities.
In the expert’s mind, there are few.
~ Suzuki Roshi
- The September Blogging Challenge – the joy of writing, reading and commenting re-discovered.
- My post, 50 Life Lessons From 50 Years, was picked up for reposting on Midlife Boulevard, a website for women in midlife.
- My post, Memorable Wayne Dyer Quotes, got a mention in this post from Marina of Mindful Memory Keeping. Thanks, Marina.
- Being nominated by Karen of Magical Mystical Mimi for the Inspiring Blog Award (more about this in another post).
- Rain, at last.
- Creativity in the kitchen – I love ‘recipeless’ cooking!
- Discovering a lovely Irish serial – Mrs Brown’s Boys – I can’t seem to get enough of it! People who know me well, know of my Irish connection! I’ve been laughing as I blog – I watch these on YouTube.
- Making a couple of friends happy in a simple way.
- Being inspired by young, Dutch blogger – Astrid. Do read this post of hers to be inspired.
- For enjoying love, health and plenty – things I never take for granted.
PS: Those of you doing the #septemberchallenge might appreciate this post from Blogelina – 80 Tips For Finding New Blog Post Ideas.
As part of my August celebration, I revived #AnythingGoesOnSunday – an invitation for you to add yours link for your Sunday posts to the linky below. No theme, no prompt – anything goes! However, I’d appreciate if you left a comment and visited at least two of the blogs linked before yours! The linky is will be open for the whole month.