Smiling! That’s something I love to do. No matter, how much I’ve changed over the years, I’m told I’d be recognized for my smile! I take that as a huge compliment, wouldn’t you? Now let me share with you the 30 things that make me smile.
I love how you can smile at a complete stranger and make a connection. The power of a smile is truly something that binds us all.
So here in no particular order are the 30 things that make me smile:
- Chocolate – any kind, but if contains coconut…it makes me smile a long time more! π ‘Bounty’ful chocolate!
- Which brings me to coconut. Fresh coconut nothing sweeter!
- Our Pablo who loves coconut too. Yes, a boxer dog crazy about coconut! When he was younger he loved playing with them. Now that he’s older coconut sweets and cookies are his favourite!
- My husband who goes out of his way to indulge Pablo sometimes – and me always! π
- Silly ‘inside’ jokes – when you just have to look at the other person and you know they got it too!
- Opening a new bar of soap – sandal and lavender are my favorite.
- Popping bubble wrap. Confess, you love doing that too!
- Hugging someone I love.
- The smell of a brand new note book.
- Filling a fountain pen with ink. Yes, I’ve started using them again – back to my old love!
- The fact that I have loads of books to read and review – all free. Allow me to brag for a moment – I’m a ‘top reviewer’ on NetGalley!
- Looking at old pictures and trying to figure out who is who.
- Watching a kite in the sky.
- Watching children playing gleefully on a beach.
- Watching adults behave like children on a beach.
- Cold pizza to start the day – because you ordered too much the night before.
- Hot coffee to get the day off to a great start.
- The cartoon strips in the morning newspapers. My husband has introduced me to Tiger and I love that Punkinhead chap!
- Watching dog videos. Yesterday, I watched a dog doing yoga and he made me smile.
- Overhearing little kids talk – they can truly say the darndest things!
- A good haircut. Which reminds me how I’m looking forward to one at the end of the month.
- A tall glass of cold shandy – with a dash of beer and loads of lemonade.
- Spicy hot pickles.
- Watching my husband relish the food I’ve made.
- Surpises. I love surprises. (Hint…hint…!)
- When I take the trouble (rarely) to dress up and someone compliments me.
- A warm shower – accompanied by my singing! π
- Listening to an old song.
- Watching someone perform a random act of kindness. Even better, when I do one!
- My blog. My writing. And you, dear reader!
A smile is a curve that sets everything straight. – Phyllis Diller
Thousands of candles can be lit from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared. – Buddha
Dear, whoever is reading this, I hope you have reason to smile today! If not, go find your smile!Β